"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Monday, March 3, 2014

Last week at the MTC!

Pamilya ko!

Kamusta kayo lahat??  I miss you all.  Good grief, my MTC time has just flown by!  We got our travel plans!!!!!!! We will be leaving on Monday morning at 4:30am.  We'll fly to LA, then to TOKYO!!! then to Manila, Philippines!!  How crazy is that??  I'm so stoked!

But...I'm kind of terrified to go to the Philippines. ONE MORE WEEK! and my biggest fear is the bugs.....  I asked Brother Poole about them and I told him to be honest because I need to know what to expect!  Well...let's just say I'm so scared. ahhh. One time on his mission they killed a big spider probably as big as his hand during the night and threw it out their window.....well they were living on the 2nd floor of this little apartment place....and they heard the spider hit the ground.

Oh. my. gosh.

Please pray for me.  Like seriously.

This week has been really great though!!  We got to Skype and teach a member in the Philippines!  Her name was Jane and she is my age going to a university in the Philippines!  She was super sweet :)  I memorized "My Purpose" in Tagalog this week.  Not that much of an accomplishment haha but thought I'd throw that out there.  I am learning so much and am just amazed at the difference between my first day here and where I'm at now with the language.  TUNAY ANG KOLOOB NG MGA WIKA!! 

So, I won't lie it hasn't always been sunshine and roses dito sa MTC.  It's mahirap sometimes, but what I've learned over this past week is that these hard things are blessings in disguise.  Sometimes I may not understand why certain things are happening or may be really frustrated or confused with my Father and Heaven, but I've had the sweet reassurance that I don't need to know everything or understand everything!  I just have to keep putting my trust in Him and I won't need to fear. And even when you're going through some tough times, you can still be happy!!  I hate being unhappy.  And sometimes during these past few weeks, I've been going through some trials, but I've still been happy!  And I've learned that even when times just suck.  Still keep smiling :) NGITI :) I can still be happy when my skies are cloudy, and it really makes the biggest difference in the end.

Sige....so maraming salamat, Mom!  Para sa mga truffles!  And ohh gosh don't even worry if they are "right" haha you are so funny!  They taste so good! and the other sisters are loving them!  they've told me like a million times, "Don't forget to tell your mom 'thanks'!!!"  haha so they love you!!  Salamat, ulit!! :)

So our teacher, Bro. Langer, rapped for us in Tagalog the other day? hahaha I was dying laughing.  We seriously have the greatest teachers we could ask for!  They are all amazing and vastly different, but exactly what I've needed to grow. 
Brother Langer is genius.  And his Tagalog is like aklhgdflzhdgklahdkhak'hdf'ps' SOO FAST! So at first, it was really hard and frustrating and he can be kind of intense at times because he really pushes us. He definitely saw more potential in me than I saw in myself and he's helped me push myself to be better than I ever thought I could.  He's awesome! He always challenges us and I love it because it helps me grow.  
Brother Poole is seriously the best.  He is really good at strengthening us spiritually even when it's just language time.  He always brings the Spirit so strongly into class and I'm so glad he does!  He's so laid back and encouraging--after every lesson with him, I just feel motivated and uplifted and happy.  You can tell that he genuinely cares about each one of us. He's so great!!
Sister Cope.  Oh my gosh, she's adorable.  Little 4'11 AND 3/4" haha! (same height as my kasama)  She served her mission in Quezon City too!  She doesn't teach us as often but I still love her!  She cares so much about each one of us!
I'm going to miss our teachers!!!!!  I just want to pack them in my suitcases and take them with me.

Well, I miss and love you all!  I'm completely terrified but can't wait to go to the Philippines!!  I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve and reach the ends of the earth with this gospel message.  Mahal ko ang ebanhelyo na ito.  alam ko na totoo ito!  Sobrang nagpapasalamat ako para sa karanasan ko sa MTC.  Patotoo ko ay naging sobrang mas malakas sa pamamagitan ng MTC. Mahal ko ang mga tao dito!  Magandang ang mga halimbawa ng mga guro at mga misyonero dito! Magmimiss ako nila, SO MUCH! alam ko na tagapaglitas si JesuCristo.  buhay siya!  nagpapasalamat ako para sa pagbayadsala niya.  Sa pamamagitan ng pagbayadsala, alam ko na tatanggap ako ng tulong mula sa Siya.  Mahal na mahal ko kayo, pamilya!! Hindi makalimutan iyan! :)

xoxo
Sister Oyler

No comments:

Post a Comment