"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Monday, June 1, 2015

UPDATES :)

MAGANDANG BUHAY!

Sorry, these past few weeks, I haven't been able to send any pictures, because none of the computer shops were working with my SD card. But this week we found a good computer cafe! So most of my time has just been used sending you all the pictures from these last few weeks, so I have not much time to write, but I'll just send some photos to sum it all up :) especially for all my missionary friends whom I don't send all the pictures to each week...

My anak and I are just enjoying every moment :) We've been doing great. Especially this week! We've started to see a little bit more fruit from our efforts!
 
 
 
 
Sisters Conference was a blast! But that's kind of old news now..
 
 
 
There are so many ipis (cockroaches) :( No, I haven't overcome my fear. hahaha
 
 
 
Just a peek into the Philippines. Humble, happy..it's my home :) 
 

 
 
Oh! The other day, I was showering in the morning. and in our shower, there's just a big hole in the floor, it's no fancy drain. And as I was finishing my shower, I was so surprised as a FROG jumped up out of the hole!!! Hahaha! I was so startled and I screamed and jumped back but the shower was slippery so I'm slipping around and screaming and the frog is jumping around the little tiny CR (bathroom)!!! Hahahahaha pretty soon I was running out with a towel on laughing my head off!  There is never a dull moment here :)
 
This week as well was awesome! We were finally able to meet and teach Romel, a part member. His wife is a member, and he has been taught by the missionaries for 3 years! He has read the entire Book of Mormon, the only reason why he doesn't want to be baptized is because he has some doubts, when he read on the internet the Joseph Smith had 44 wives. We were informed of this concern by the members before we went to go teach him, but I figured our first visit with him, would be kind of a get-to-know you and kind of overview of everything. But when we arrived and sat down, he went boldly right to his concern and asked us all these questions about polygamy. I was so nervous! I didn't feel like I had adequate knowledge to answer all of his questions. But we opened with a prayer, and I was just pleading silently for the help of the Spirit to guide us and teach him. As the prayer finished, I just felt completely calm and confident. And we taught him, used the scriptures, and bore testimony. And ultimately, we encouraged him that the big concern in reality is that he just needs to pray and gain a testimony for himself that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. He doesn't have to go to the internet, books, or even us missionaries. He needs to go straight to our Father in Heaven through prayer. and He will give him the answer and direction that he needs. 

It was a really great lesson. I am so grateful for the Spirit. Without it, we are nothing. Romel is doing great. He is actually a really down-to-earth, open guy. He just really wants to be sure and confident before he makes the decision to be baptized. Which is awesome! Romel is great :) 
 
 
 
 
Anyway, I'm out of time. But I just want to tell you all I LOVE YOU! Schools out for you, and today's the first day of school again for all the Filipino kids. haha but ENJOY SUMMER! Stay safe, stay happy :)

Always remember who you are, and WHOSE you are :) 


MAHAL KO KAYO!

Sister Oyler
 
 

I love the Schlagers. I am going to miss them!


Sister's Conference


 




Mission President and his wife
 
 
Sister Lopez!
 
 

 
 
This girl is my favorite haha
 

Ay naku inside joke haha

Yes, these are literally blood splats on the floor from killing surot (bed bugs)
 with our tsinelas (flip flops).

 
Random baby shower we walked by and had to end up eating at...haha.
 It's more fun in the Philippines :)


 
Our little "rabbit hole" to do laundry... haha

 
 









These were the happiest kids!

 
 
 This cute Juliet house" that we found in the nice part of our area

 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment