"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

THE MIRACLES ARE REAL

MAGANGANG BUHAY!!

It just started raining right now out to my left! :) It's rainy season right now, so you know Sister Oyler is happy :) I love the storms!

We had a really great storm this week around lunch time, where it just started POURING! And....me and my anak decided to go for a shower...:) It was so much fun. It was honestly exactly what I needed. I needed some fun in the rain, and I feel like all my stress went out with it. :) 

Avery, you would love it, too. I sat outside one night before bed, and filmed the lightning. You wouldn't believe it! It was non-stop lightning. No breaks! Non stop thunder too :) ahh you would love it. The camera didn't do it justice.


ANYWAY, this week has been great!! I want to just share really fast about one of our investigators namin na si Romel. His wife is a member, just less-active because she works on Sunday. And Romel has been taught by the missionaries for 3 years now.  I think I mentioned in one of my other emails about him and the lesson we had a while back with him about polygamy. Well, turns out, that lesson REALLY helped him. He was able to pray and gain a witness for himself that Joseph Smith really was a true prophet of God, that the Book of Mormon is true and that this Church is His true church on the earth today. When we had gone back to him shortly after that visit, he expressed this and then asked, "Kailan ako puwedeng magpabinyag?" ("When can I be baptized?")   We were so excited! He wants to be baptized with his 9-year-old son as well.

Well....I feel like every time an investigator makes an important decision, the devil always tries to step in their way.... I won't go into detail, but something really heartbreaking happened within their family. Something that left individuals--especially Romel-- deeply hurt and betrayed. He texted us and told us and then said that he has no more hope, he doesn't want to be baptized anymore, he's going away, he even expressed that he wanted to commit suicide. 

We helped him through text and asked to come visit him. He didn't want to. But I remember bearing my testimony to him about the reality of our Father in Heaven and the power of the Atonement in our lives. And I invited him to come to church to get the help he needs. 

Well, for the first time, HE CAME. 

We talked to him for a while, and then we directed him to bishop who really helped him. And for the past week, we have been visiting their family. The lessons have been some of the most spirit-filled lessons I've experienced. We have been fasting and praying for him and his family. And we are seeing pure miracles :)

They are getting back on track, and I am witnessing the power of the gospel in their lives.

Just yesterday, we received this text from Romel:  (I'll translate into English)

"Sister. Thank you so much for your big help. You have saved my family. I am slowly forgetting the pain that I feel because of the things you are sharing with me. I feel the Spirit and I am blessed. I will overcome this trial in my life. Thank you so much for your help. I am ready to be baptized with my son."

I was brought to tears. Sister Lonitenisi and I just cried with overwhelming joy. 

As we are visiting them, they are truly learning to rely on Him. Their goal is now first, baptism, and next, the temple! :) They want so badly to be sealed as a forever family. I know it will happen. :)  This is His plan. 



The miracles are real. This work is real. I know that this is His true Church. I know that our Father in Heaven loves us SO much. More than we will ever comprehend. He places people in our life, and guides us to Him. It is up to us to act and come unto Him and His Son, Jesus Christ. And if we will truly humble ourselves and discover Him in our life. We will see miraculous changes, and will experience a kind of happiness that you can find no where else. A kind of eternal happiness that only God can give.

I'm sorry that I didn't get to reply to anyone this week. But I read your emails! I love hearing from each one of you. Know that I love you all!! Have a great week!

MAHAL NA MAHAL KO KAYO!


Sister Oyler 
 
Playing in the rain :P


 

Our zone! Just missing a couple elders yata

 


 
ASTIG NA LOLA :) Elsie!! She is such a ganster haha


Fresh coconut milk :)
 
It's more fun in the Philippines.
 
My little Olaf gang :)

They call me Elsa
 
 

1 comment: