"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Monday, January 26, 2015

ANG BILIS NG ORAS NG DIYOS

KAMUSTA! LUMIPAS NA PALA ANG ISA PANG LINGGO!

This week has gone by so very fast. We have only had one day in our area this week!  Sister Valikoula and I have attended both days of Zone Conference to present our workshop to the mission, and then we have been on exchanges with the San Isidro sisters! Such a busy busy, exhausting week. But it has been the best!

Well first off, we have had no water these past few days. In our area, something went wrong and now we have no water... We get clean drinking water delivered to our house by a service so we don't have a problem there...but for washing dishes, clothes...and showering. We've run into a problem. We've had some reserve jugs we've used. But this morning the only water we had left was in a big basin out infront of our house..... So.... guess how I showered this morning?..

Haha yes.... out infront of our apartment, dipping a ladle into the basin. #noshame.

Hahaha we draped some sheets over drying rods to make kind of a block and I showered outside this morning. It was kind of awkward when I could hear people walking by... but they couldn't see me. haha hopefully ;)
It's more fun in the Philippines.  I just hope we get water back soon. I'm running out of clean clothes.  

Anyway, I had such a fun week, being able to work with so many sisters on exchanges. I wish I had time to write about all the amazing experiences. But I have limited time.

On one exchange this week, we got punted in the morning and we're walking by a lady washing her clothes. We stopped and started talking to her and offered to help. She looked so tired and exhausted as she was washing.. Suprisingly, she accepted! So me and Sister Gasu crouched down in our skirts and started washing her clothes with her. We started talking to her and getting to know her and I asked if we could share a message with her right there. She said she wanted us to. We opened with a prayer and as we introduced our message and I asked her a few questions, she opened up and began to cry. Talking about how her first husband abused her and would always beat her. She got away but now her 16-year old daughter has gotten pregnant and her boyfriend abuses her daughter now too. But her daughter won't come home because she thinks she really loves him. She just broke down in front of us and I could just see her need for the hope and light of the gospel. Sister Gasu and I shared with her a powerful lesson, the Spirit was SO strong. I don't even know how to describe it. She thanked us and said she wanted the gospel. She wanted to be baptized. We closed with a prayer, and helped her finish her laundry and then went back home for lunch. But I was just amazed at the healing power this gospel has. I am so grateful for the plan that our Father has prepared. It doesn't matter what the struggle, what trial we pass through, we can always find peace and resolve in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the only way. I feel so honored to be carrying this to these people who are hungry in need of it. 

I am almost out of time. And from now on, my emails might be quite shorter. Our mission has now cut our e-mail time in half so that we can be more consecrated and hasten His work. 

But I want you all to know that I love you so very much. I am honored to be His representative as a missionary of His church.

Alam ko na ang itong gawain ay tunay. Ito ay ang tanging paraan upang makabalik tayo sa Kanyang piling. How great is this work :)

Mahal na mahal ko kayo!!

Sister Oyler
 










So cold last week!
 
Baliw si Joey haha
 

I saw Maricel again!
 
Sweet Sweet :)

Life of the STL's....

 
 
Man-made road blocks
 
 
The bugs just love me here... :(
 
Sister Gasu

I met another monkey! His name is Moy too.....
I think most monkeys here are pala named Moy.


I fed him some bananas too.  :)

 
UTAH!

ay naku....another gagamba

 
 
 
Working with Sister Celpides!
 


 


She was so scared on the hanging bridge, haha!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment