"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I have no time for a subject...

KAMUSTA KAYONG LAHAT?

Well, this week has been crazy! So many things have happened. And I was able to work with some sisters on exchanges. I'll try to write about a few of the events of this week. We went to the temple earlier today though, I'm so happy! I've missed the temple.

So, we have one investigator, little 9-year-old ReyAnn. We are teaching her and her little brother Ryan. Well, we taught them Word of Wisdom the other day, and about 7 or 8 little kids wanted to join in on the lesson. We helped them all learn about the Word of Wisdom and I wrote down a little kwans to help them remember the things that are bad for our bodies, with "SAKIT" (in english it means "sick"). S-sigarilyo (cigarettes) A-alak (alcohol) K-kape (coffee) I- ilegal na gamot (drugs) T-tsaa (tea).

 Well, they ALL wanted a copy so I wrote them each a little card with the letters to remember. When we came back a couple of days later. They all came running up to greet us as we arrived and then started shouting off the Word of Wisdom things, "Sister Oyler! Sister Oyler! Naaalaala namin ang mga bawal! Sigarilyo! Alak! Kape! Ilegal na gamot! Tsaa!" ("..we remember the forbidden things! Cigarettes! Alcohol!...")

I was impressed, but then even MORE impressed when ReyAnn's mom told us that all of the kids went around after we had left and gave away the little papers to the mga tambay (just guys that stand around and smoke and drink and don't do anything all day) and told them that cigarettes and alcohol were bawal! Hahahaha! I laughed so hard. The kids told me that the men told them that it wasn't true, but I told them that Heavenly Father knows it's wrong and He is happy that they taught the mga tambay what was right. 

Well, sayang. I think we have bed bugs. Me and Sister Valikoula have both been waking up with itchy bites all over. Ay naku! It's so frustrating. We took our mattresses outside the other day and sprayed them with permethrin and had them drying while we went out and worked... Then... someone hopped our gate and stole sister Valikoula's mattress! Haha grabe. I hope they get eaten by bed bugs too :P haha joke

This week has been amazing though. We had one day this week where me and Sister Valikoula got 9 new investigators in ONE DAY! We have just been on fire. Things are going so well. It's hard, but I can see the blessings and the Lord's tender mercies. He is more aware of us that we realize. He is in every fiber and aspect of our lives. 

I attended our mission's Missionary Leadership Council this past week, and I have been inspired with the direction that our mission is moving in. The Lord is definitely hastening His work. I can see it and feel it. And after this past Area Broadcast that we had, I can see the things the Lord is doing in every aspect of the church not just in missionary work, and it's all connecting, and hastening, I can feel that His Second Coming is growing nearer. I can see the preparation taking place. This is an exciting time.

Oh yeah. I gave a talk in sacrament meeting this past Sunday. The bishopbric asked me to give a 15-min talk about Christ as our Chosen Leader and Savior. My testimony was strengthened so much as I specifically studied and prepared for it. It went better than I was expecting too. I feel like I have reached the point where I can express anything that I want to in Tagalog with no hesitations on the language side of it. 

...Ah! Okay, I'm running out of time. I wish I could keep going and tell about more, but I've got to wrap it up. Anyway, I am just loving being a missionary right now. I see so many miracles each day. It still amazes me to watch the change in people's lives as they accept this gospel. The Atonement is real. Christ lives. I can see it every day.

I love you all so much! I'm so sorry if I didn't get to email everyone back. Time just goes so fast as a missionary! Everyone take care and be safe this week! 

MAHAL NA MAHAL KO KAYO!

Sister Oyler
 
 
 
Frog in the apartment!  :)

Bowling after MLC




 
 
 
Eastwood!


Frogger didn't make it this time...
 
 
I hate bed bugs.  Ew!

Rupee coin from Sri Lanka!


 
 
 
 
Sweet little Norma
 
 
 

 
Moy!  The monkey


I fed him a banana!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment