"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Monday, February 2, 2015

ONE YEAR NA.

KAMUSTA ANG LAHAT?

Hello, everyone! I can't believe I have hit my ONE-YEAR MARK in the mission. I went into the MTC on January 29, 2014. I can't even grasp the fact that another year has already passed. The time goes too fast for me. I have no idea how many months/weeks or whatever I have left, because I don't want to count. I don't want to go home... (Haha sorry mom.) This is such an amazing work.

Gosh this week has been crazy and amazing and fun. We got to go on exchanges in Morong!! I want to be assigned there so bad! But I have no time to write, I'll try to hurry.

OH, so guess what? We still have no water in our house!! It's been more than a week now. Haha...and last P-day we were just praying we would get water by the end of the day because Sister Valikoula and I were completely out of clean garments... But by the evening.. we still had no water to wash our clothes. 

So... we had this "brilliant" idea to hike down to this river in our area (by the hanging bridge) to wash our clothes in the clean water of the river. 

Hahaha...oh boy. So here we are, 6:30 at night, carrying 2 big laundry tubs, soap, and our clothes, hiking down these mile-long dirt stairs in the mountain... Haha when we finally made it down to the river, it was already dark. (The sun sets really early in the Philippines). So we had flashlights in our mouths as we washed our clothes!! Haha!

As we started washing, this old tatay came wandering over with a flashlight and started talking to us. We could immediately smell the alcohol on his breath and by the way he was talking, we could tell he was drunk.  But, we found out that he is actually a member!! He was baptized in 1990, but he has been inactive for a long time. His name was Romeo and he lives right by the river. He thought we were thieves trying to steal his chickens. But nope... just 2 crazy foreigners washing their clothes in the river at night. Hahaha, ay naku.
 

 
 
  
When we were done, we had to hike ALL the way back up the mountain loaded with the tubs and all of our wet, heavy clothes. I ended up falling like 3 times! Haha my feet were so wet from the river and my pants that I was wearing were too big for me so they kept falling down. Ha! So I'm like tripping and sliding backwards down the mountain holding this heavy basin and cracking up with a flashlight in my mouth.

Ha. It's more fun in the Philippines.

I have no more time. Ah! Hopefully next week, I'll write about the Sister's Conference that we were able to put on. It was SO GOOD. :) We also got to watch the movie, "Errand of Angels".

Anyway, I have to go. 

MAHAL KO KAYO!

Sister Oyler 


Pictures:

Morong is so beautiful!!
 
SOBRANG GANDA! I want to be assigned here so bad.
 

My legs.... I wish I had time to tell that story. That was a rough night. Haha..
 
 
 
Puttin on my Pinoy pants
 
 
Paglalaba sa ilog!

 
 
I got the squat down!



It was literally by flashlight...


 
 
 Exchanges in Morong! (we were so tired)
 






 

 

 
 
 Sister Wiradi! (from Indonesia)

 









Fiesta na!

Package from Mom

 
Our dinner?....haha
 

Creepy old guys hitting on me, but hey, I got chocolate:)






Thank you, Maricel, for posting these pics!
You are the best member missionary EVER!!!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment