"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Sunday, January 18, 2015

COLD, COLD, COLD

HELLO FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

This might be a quick e-mail this week, I'm running low on time now and everything has been so chaotic this past week. We've been so busy. We literally only had 2 days working in our actual area. 

There have been a lot of things on my mind lately and it's been hard to get sleep this past week with personal stresses and with all the stresses and needs of the sisters that I get to work with. I feel physically and emotionally exhausted, but I am amazed at the continued strength and capacity that I am receiving from the Lord. It amazes me. 

I wish I had time to share some experiences from this week, because we have honestly seen so many miracles. But I don't have time for now.

You might be surprised to hear though that it's cold!! There was a minor typhoon that passed over us this past day, nothing bad, just rain..but it was COLD rain. And guess what?! I SAW MY BREATH IN THE AIR! I didn't think that was possible in the Philippines!! We were all so cold, because none of us had anything warm in our ward drobe haha! I was SO COLD yesterday as we were working out in the rain. Which was funny to me because, if you were all there, you wouldn't think it would be cold at all. Ha... I'm going to die when I come back to Utah. Luckily today, it has warmed back up to normal. 

Well, I'm out of time, and I ran out of time to send pictures this week, but I just want to end with this: 


 "I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; 

am a disciple of Jesus Christ. 

I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tinted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am lifted up in prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my goal is heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed, will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of theadversary, negotiate at the table with the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the case of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. When He returns for His own He will have no problem recognizing me, my banner is clear."


MAHAL NA MAHAL KO KAYO!

Sister Oyler

No comments:

Post a Comment