"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Monday, April 14, 2014

I've been here for a month?....what?

Pamilya!!

I got your package!! Thank you so much! It definitely had a little bit of it's own adventure getting here from the looks of it haha...

Inline image 1

But it arrived!! Thank you for everything in it :) Mom, I love all of the shirts, thank you!  And the kabahays are loving the "American snacks" haha 

So wow!!! Logan got his mission call?!! Peru! That is so awesome!!  Tell him congrats for me!  He's going to be a great missionary. 

Well, I got to watch general conference this weekend. Ah, it was so good!  It made me miss home a little bit, I hadn't seen so many white people in so long haha. And I was trying to think of something from conference that was just the best thing for me....but honesty, everything was so good!  There was something in each talk specifically for me, I loved it.  I guess though, while I was watching the two talks that were the most powerful for me were Boyd K. Packer's talk, and Gary E. Stevenson's talk the "4-min performance" one.  Ah so many good things. 

So I really love taho. this yummy food....I don't even know how to explain what it is. It's just good. i
It's warm and sweet and yummy. So guys will come around with it in buckets strapped to a board over their shoulders and yell "tahoooooo".  Especially in the mornings they sell it a lot. So while we were doing companionship study the other morning, I was like mmm "do you know what sounds good?..taho." And then suddenly we hear.. "tahoooooo!" hahaha We got so excited so I yelled out the window "ahhh tahoooo!!" and we went runnning out to get some hahaha really funny. The guy was so surprised how excited I was to buy some taho from him haha.

Inline image 2

Inline image 3

Anyway, things are going really well here. SOBRANG MABILIS though!! The transfer is almost over! ahhh. And guess what? My nanay (mom aka trainer) has been in this area for 6 months, so she knows it really well, and everyone is like 95% sure she will get transferred next week. and the other kabahay that knows the area is ending her mission this transfer...soooo come next transfer...the end of next week...I will be leading the area! whaattt??? I am sooo scared. I have no idea how to get around here.  It is so confusing.  And it's kind of scary because there are certain areas we need to avoid because of a lot of drug addicts especially our routes after dark.  (the sun sets so fast here!! at like 6 it's dark.) anyway ahh...but we have really great ward members and ward missionaries so I know they will help me :)

Anyway, this email will be a little shorter, but I just want to share one experience before I close it off.  During conference on Sunday, we were in the stake center for Pasig Stake.  Anyway it was crowded with Filipinos. and I started to get a little homesick when conference began...seeing temple square, and all the familiar things about conference and remembering the memories of being at home with the family, in our pajamas watching it together.  Well,  halfway through, the congregational hymn was supposed to be sung.  So all of us in the chapel stood, and began to sing "Teach me to Walk in the Light".  I don't know what happened but the Spirit hit me so strongly.  When all the little Filipinos began to sing...haha in their off-key, thick-accented, voices I just looked around at all of them and was filled with so much love.  They were all standing, holding their kids, and singing loud, with all of their hearts and huge smiles on their faces.  I began to cry.  I love these amazing people and their Spirits are so strong.  I am so grateful that am here.  It is such an honor and a blessing.  I love missionary work. 

I love all of you!  I hope things are doing well back at home.  Thank you for your support, love, and prayers!  Mahal na mahal ko kayo!

Sister Oyler

No comments:

Post a Comment