"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Monday, July 13, 2015

BAPTISM WEEK :)

MAGANDANG BUHAY!

Hello, everyone! How was your week?? 

Our week was so good!! We had the beautiful opportunity to witness the baptism of Romel and his son, Cyrus! It was such a beautiful baptism :) And now their goal for their family is the temple! To be sealed for all eternity. Oh how I will help them do everything they can to get there!! :) They all mean so much to me. 
 


 
I want to also share about one of our new investigators, Salve. We just found her on our own and she is SO PREPARED! I have never taught somebody before with as much excitement in her eyes as Salve does! She almost sits on the edge of her seat as we are teaching, her eyes just open wide soaking everything in! After our first lesson with her, she just placed her hand over her heart and told us she knew what we had shared was true. She has 7 kids! And they are all so cute! 

Well, this week, we invited her to come attend the baptism of Romel and Cyrus. She said that she would come! The night before, she texted us and told us that she felt kind of embarrassed because she was EXCITED to come to the baptism and witness this sacred ordinance. When she came, it was just a miracle. We already informed some of the members about her and so when she came, they welcomed her with open arms! She was really impressed and felt loved and accepted. 

As we were walking her out after the service. She just turned to us and said, "Sisters...this is beautiful."

That night, she texted us and told us that on her way home she had bought 2 skirts so she could come to church the next day!! She said that she hasn't worn a skirt since she was a little girl, but she feels something so different and she can't stop talking about it to her kids and now her kids are excited too!!

The only sad thing is her youngest son woke up the next day with a fever. So they weren't able to come to church yesterday.. Salve was devastated :( She texted us and told us even her kids were so excited, they had already gotten all dressed up ready to come to church!! But next week for sure they will come :) 


Ahhhhhh.....I wish so badly that I could be here to witness their baptism...

I don't want to leave.

I haven't mentioned it until now, because I honestly just keep pushing it out of my mind. But the time is getting closer and closer that I have to leave this beautiful place, these beautiful people, and I have to be released from being a full-time missionary and servant of the Lord. 

It brings me to tears even now. I will never be ready to leave this. 

I have been overwhelmingly blessed to be placed in this sacred position. To become the Hands of the Savior here on earth in the lifting, teaching, and blessing the children of God. I am grateful that He loves me enough to place His trust in me and has given me this sacred call. It is something that I will cherish for eternity.

But it is not the end.


I may have to leave here....but it is never the end. When we are called as witnesses of Jesus Christ, it was forever. When we took His name upon us, it was forever. Not just for a short period of time that I get to carry His name engraved upon a badge....but it's for a lifetime that I will carry His name forever engraved upon my heart. 

I will have to go home. 

But I will never go back. 


Ito ang gawain ng Panginoon. Alam ko na buhay Siya. Wala Siyang simula, di katapusan... Ang Kanyang gawain ay papatuloy, kahit ano ang darating sa mundong ito. Papatuloy ang perpektong plano ng Ating Diyos hanggang Siya mismo ang magsabi na "It is finished".

MAHAL NA MAHAL KO KAYO!!

Have a wonderful week!

Sister Oyler















 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment