"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

6 MONTHS IN THE MISH......​what?

KAMUSTA ANG AKING PAMILYA???? Grabe, namimis ko kayo lahat.

It is seriously so good to hear from everyone who emails!  It makes my day soooo much the best talaga!  

So I forgot to mention last week that after the typhoon came through, there were so many opportunities to help with clean up efforts...but....we weren't allowed to.  I thought it was kind of weird, but the mission told us that it was bawal (not allowed) to help in any after-typhoon aid. It was probably for our safety I guess, but I wanted to get out and help so bad!!  But these people are absolutely amazing though, they bounce back so quickly.  And every day, I am surprised at how strong and old these filipinos are! I met an old man the other day named Jaime...he was 95 years old and still kickin away. It's just so crazy! You would think because they don't have the healthiest diet, or surroundings that it would be the opposite, but these filipinos are just awesome. I love them :)

So we had a Pioneer Day celebration for our ward...it was so much fun!  The best ward activity that I've seen put together.  Our ward here is a powerhouse ward, it is just full of amazing members. And the amazing miracle is that we had....drumroll please......15 INVESTIGATORS attend the activity!  yes, 15 from OUR area!  It was absolutely amazing. 10 of them were new investigators.  Sister Acostan and I had gone to a few member's houses these last few weeks before the activity and challenged them to bring atleast one non-member to the activity.  Every single person that we had extended the challenge to...brought somebody.  I'm telling you, these members here are incredible.  And three of our nanay investigators...Delia, Marilou, and Feliza all came and were the cutest little friends together.  It such a happy night.  The Spirit was so beautiful.  This is truly what this work is about. This is building Zion.

Actually nanay Delia is so awesome!  She's come to church twice now and is progressing so much!  It is literally a miracle to watch her develop in this gospel.  I know it's not us one bit, I am so humbled to be able to just be an instrument and witness this gospel change her life.  And Monday morning, we went to her house and as we poked our heads into her door, she saw us and just lit up with excitement!  Then she was so happy and proud as she pulled out 5 skirts that she had gone and bought from an ukay-ukay for church! She is filled with so much happiness now. Her son was sitting in the room and she said to him, "Hoy! Dapat kang maging Mormon na, ha!  Malapit kasi na ako!" (Hey! You need to become a Mormon now.  Because I'm almost one.) haha! I love her so much.

Ricky is doing alright, too.  Still SO AWESOME in our lessons, our struggle is still just getting him to church.  It is so funny though when he prays. He starts out, "Ama sa Langit.....magandang gabi po." ("Heavenly Father...Good Evening.")  Haha the first time he prayed like that, I was like....huh? But then I thought, hey why not?  You can greet Heavenly Father a Good Evening like you would someone else. Ha, it just reminded me how personal and loving our prayers should be with our God, because we are truly talking with our loving Father every time we pray.  Why not wish him a good evening? :)

So, this week, we got attacked by ipis. And I almost died. Ha...but really. I HATE COCKROACHES. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them.  And we had one flying around our apartment like the size of a bird!!! I won't even go into detail, but you can imagine what kind of a state I was in. haha!  I didn't get a picture of that one, but I sent some other ones that my awesome comp killed for me. haha. Ah. 

Also, you'll see pictures of us weeding in this little provincey garden.  We met this guy...Silverino? I kind of forgot exactly what his name was, but we met him as he was working in his garden. We offered to help and then taught him a lesson afterwards. He is so cool!  He actually sung us one of his Catholic songs, haha it was a fun lesson.  We have been being blessed with so many new investigators this week, I am so excited to see how these next weeks go. 

So this week I read a talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf that I just printed off lds.org last P-day.  I wanted a talk to read but was almost out of time so I just printed the first one I saw off lds.org.  It actually was an incredible talk!! It is called "All is Well" and was an address about pioneers that he gave in Ogden.  Shoot...I wanted to share some things from it but I am all out of time. 

Ah, next week na lang.

I love all of you, sorry this is a short end, but I have to go!

MAHAL KO KAYO!

Sister Oyler 
 
 
Pioneer Day pics


 

 
                                    


 

 

 

We played Joseph and Emma Smith

 

The cutest pioneer family!  :)

 

Pating!

She's so talented!

I'm addicted.  This is bad.
Maricel and some YW
 
 
Delia at church again! (I don't know what happened to her smile in this picture ... haha)
 
Haha, we wore out poor Akii again.


Spontaneous service!



the Filipino squat :)

I finally did the squat!! kind of....
 
 

Thanks to Marjorie Gumayao for these pictures! 
 

 
These dogs are...sad.
 
Blisters, blisters pag may time ;)

 

Ipis on the ceiling

I really almost died!

 We drenched it in permethrin...is that puwede? I don't know, but that's what we did. haha



 

Upside down restaurant!








 
The cutest!
 

 

 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment