"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mango boys and miserable nights

Kamusta, fam!  We had Temple Day this week so our P-day is today. Ah, I love the temple! Swerte talaga ako na may temple sa area ko. So this morning we woke up at 4am, "showered" (with the bucket), and were able to get a session at 8:00 this morning.  So it's been a great day!

So the other night..was the most miserable but most hilarious night I've had so far. This transfer, I'm not sleeping on the floor anymore..we have bunk beds that look like they are going to collapse any second so we didn't use them last transfer. But the kabahays now are fine with it so we all sleep on the bunk beds....I'm on the bottom of one, so I just constantly pray I don't get collapsed on :) haha it's all good. Anyway.....the power shut off again, so no fans.  We all woke up and felt like we were in a sauna (it's the hottest time of the year right now). Anyway, we were all exhausted and half awake just moaning "mainit...mainitttttt.." haha and I started to pray again because last time, my prayer made the fans work.  Well 10 minutes went by, still no power.  Then I had the idea to actually get down on my knees and pray.  So I mustered up the energy to crawl out of bed and kneel down.  Well, I didn't even have to begin my prayer when the power kicked in again. (prayer works)
So we were relieved, and went back to bed. Well...we woke up a couple hours later, and realized the power was off again. It was SO HOT. I can't even begin to tell you.  We were bathed in sweat.  Of course I got right down on my knees and prayed.  However, this time the power stayed off.  We sat roasting for about 10 minutes more in our half awake-daze and then me and Sister Soliven tried to take out the window. haha yes, take it out. The window was open, but we were so hot and delirious, we wanted it OUT. haha So we both struggled and started to take out the window, but we got stuck with it half way out...then we started to laugh...then it was harder to hold on to the window haha. Pretty soon all 4 of us were laughing our heads off, struggling with this window at 3 in the morning covered in sweat. We eventually got it out and lied back down close to the window letting the subtle breeze come in.  Well...then came the lamok (mosquitos). haha oh my goodness there were tons.  I had just dozed off a bit when I woke up itching myself and knew I was getting eaten.  Then I could see them flying around everywhere. Ahhh I was so frustrated!  Haha so I went rummaging to find my zapper that I bought.  (It's like a tennis racket but it zaps bugs).  So I came running back into the room waving it around like crazy and it was zapping non-stop. haha tapos the next half hour was spent with us in a half-asleep daze, grabbing the zapper every few minutes and going at the lamok. Finally the power kicked back in!! We had about an hour left to sleep...ha but man I slept great that last hour. Anyway....that was longer than I intended ha, but it seriously was a miserable but great memory.  I love every moment of this mission. 

So I have three awesome new friends-- Ace, Telog, and Ram-ram. They are the cutest and friendliest kids! Ace is 11 and the other two are 9.  They always find me and walk with me. The other day, my comp. and I had stopped at a stand to get halo-halo.  It was mainit and halo-halo is like.....crushed ice with fruit and gelatin and beans, corn, etc.  masarap. anyway, Ace, Telog and Ram-ram were with us, and they asked me if I liked mangoes. I was like of course!  Suddenly, their faces lit up with huge smiles and they took off running.....I was a little bit confused at first. Ha but they ran off to this big mango tree near by!  They came running back with a mango that they had picked for me with the biggest grins I have ever seen.  It was the most beautiful thing.  They are the sweetest little boys!  I am learning so much from these self-less and loving people every day.  They are amazing.

Oh! I got the letters from the Cub Scouts!  It made my day!  Tell them all thank you so much.  They are the sweetest things. Salamat :)

So we had an amazing lesson with a Recent Convert/Less Active this week--Ryan Cruz who is 16 years old. Well, I just started to write about it now, but I forgot my journal though and I wrote about it really well in there so I think I'll just wait and tell you about it next week.  I'm running out of time too.  But ah. I'm learning more and more about how the Spirit works, and how it works with me.  I love missionary work.  I see miracles every day. Some grander than others, but I never cease to see the hand of my Father in Heaven each and every day.  I know He is with me.  And it is the sweetest, quiet assurance that keeps me going.

Well, I love you all, so very very very much!  And next week is Mother's Day!  So I'll be able to Skype home!  I'm sorry, I don't know all the details, but I know it will be on Monday for me, so Mother's Day mismo for you. And I won't be able to email that P-day, skype na lang.  But I will try to get to a skyping computer as early as I can so you don't have to stay up too late. It will only be 45 minutes that's allowed I think. Anyway, that's all I know.  I can't wait to see you all though. I love and miss you.  Keep doing amazing things, it's so good to get updates from everyone in my emails. 

MAHAL KO KAYO!

Sister Oyler

No comments:

Post a Comment