"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Monday, May 18, 2015

WHITEWASH ADVENTURES

ITO ANG ISANG NAPAKAGANDANG ARAW! EWAN KO, GUSTO KO LANG BAGUHIN ANG PAMAGAT DITO, KASO HINDI NINYO NAIINTINDIHAN ANG AKING SINASABI NGAYON...BALE, HALOS LAHAT SA INYO ;)
Wow, another week has come and gone... Time is going too fast for my liking. ..Okay my English does not sound normal anymore. It's either downright wrong, grammatically awkward, or I sound like I'm coming out of the 1800's...
ANYWAY...
I hope everyone else's week was great :) For me and my anak, this week has been full of ups and downs. Whitewashing is difficult! But it is fun :) At least we try and make the best of it. Haha, this week, we have found 15 new investigators!! Of them is a really awesome family that I'll talk about later. But throughout our whitewash adventures this week, we have had some pretty crazy/funny experiences.
One of them....we.....hahaha. I don't even know how to say this. Well, we may have accidentally crossed into another MISSION's boundaries...and were proselyting in their area...? hahaha.
I didn't realize that our area is like the tip-top of our mission and it is right next to Quezon City North mission. And well, me and my anak were trying to find on of the investigators that the elders here before had been teaching.. We actually did finally find their house, but they weren't home. But on our way out of the....pasikut-sikot (<<I can't think of the English for that right now) little neighborhood, we kind of got lost.. Well we started walking through this cute little area, and our cell phone had died, so we decided we'd start doing some finding. We were in the middle of talking to one woman when suddenly, a whole tricycle of elders comes driving by and they scream at us! Haha. We were like...what the heck??? The trike halted, and they came running at us. When they were getting near, I was thinking to myself, hmmm those elders, don't look familiar, are they in our zone? When they approached us and we all started talking, we realized that we were in THEIR area. Haaah wooops. I asked them what ward they were in....and then when I didn't recognize the ward...my eyes got wide and I asked..."What MISSION are you elders in??"
Hahahaha, QUEZON CITY NORTH MISSION pala!!!! Ohhh shoot. Me and my anak were so surprised!!! We had wandered over into an entire different mission and were proselyting in their boundaries! Luckily the elders helped us find our way back towards our area, and we were able to somehow get ourselves un-lost. Haha. oh the joys of whitewashing.
We also ran into kind of a crazy guy this week.. I'm running out of time, but to cut it short, we were walking and a random guy shouted out to us asking for something to read from the "Latter-Day Saints". We were surprised, because that name usually isn't used by people so we thought he was probably pretty familiar with the church. We went over and started talking to him. I thought at first, he just had some sort of speech impediment,  because he had some sort of lisp when he talked. But after talking to him for a couple minutes...I think he had some sort of mental illness as well. He was a bit crazy....haha I wish I could tell you the whole story. But as we were trying to quickly end the conversation so we could get away from him, he suddenly whipped out some weird spray bottle thing! and then grabbed my hands and sprayed my thumbs with it!! I was like whoooahh!! wait a second, what is that stuff??!! He grabbed my anak too, and sprayed her thumbs!!
He started rambling off about how it will "heal us" and "help our hearts"? or something like that??  I was pretty freaked out at first....I mean this crazy delusional guy is spraying us with some sort of liquid that we don't know!!! But it didn't have a toxic smell or anything bad, I think it was some sort of essential oil.

He then grabbed my anak's hand in between her thumb and pointer finger and pressed down really hard and she started to yell out in pain!! I grabbed the guy and said the english equivalent, of "Okay! That's enough!!" He let go of her and then grabbed my hand and started pressing down hard! Haha what the heck?! When I got him to let go I just grabbed my anak and started walking away. I waved and told him Thank you! and He just smiled and waved. Haaaaah. Oh my gosh. The crazy things you experience as a missionary.
Real quick, we found a cute family this week! The Negrite family! On our way to Aurora Chapel this week for Sister's Conference, we took a taxi, and I was sitting in the front seat next to the driver. I talked to him for a while and found out he actually lives in our area! He was really down-to-earth and interested in the things I was sharing with him. He agreed to having us come teach him and his family. Well we went to him the very next day! He was surprised that we came so fast! Haha, but we met his wife, and his 4 kids. The oldest was 12 and she was so receptive as well! Really wanted to read the Book of Mormon! They accepted to be baptized! The only struggle is Brother Daniel's work schedule. Because of that, they didn't come to church yesterday, but next week, they really want to come! I'm so excited! IT'S A FAMILY! :)
 
Anyway, I've got to go now. But I wanted to close with this quote. This is one of my favorites. A powerful statement that is being fulfilled. In my mission especially, this is personally being fulfilled. The Standard of Truth by Joseph Smith:

"No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."

MAHAL NA MAHAL KO KAYO! Take care this week! Don't get lost! Or get sprayed by crazy men! Haha, have a great week!
Sister Oyler

1 comment:

  1. Evening Kyle, sorry if "makulit" have you opened your facebook inbox already? Ugh.. Pasensya na.. Tc.. God bless

    ReplyDelete