"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Monday, April 27, 2015

RUSTY PIANO SKILLS

HELLO HELLO :)

How has everyone's week gone?? It's almost May!? This is crazy. This transfer is flying by. 

So..you'll never guess it... Harrison, you're going to laugh.... These past 2 Sundays....guess who has had to be the pianist in Sacrament meeting?

Yeah. Um. Sister Oyler.

What?? No, I'm not kidding. Haha, I haven't touched a piano in years... But please thank Stacey Shaw for her patience in giving me lessons. 

Hahaha. And do you want to know what were some of the songs they chose?? Haha the first Sunday, I opened up to the first hymn of the meeting...#278...."Thanks For the Sabbath School" ...What?? Are you kidding? I've never even heard this song before. haha. But I managed. And yesterday... I had to try to play "The Daydawn is Breaking".... With annoying flats, and they sang so fast!.... Haha patay. And each song after that had a bajillion flats or sharps. I felt bad for the poor congregation. I'm just glad that the one man in our ward that actually knows how to play the piano will be back next week. So our ward doesn't have to suffer through me anymore. Haha, so everyone going on future missions...PRACTICE YOUR PIANO. 

Speaking of songs though, I just heard this new lds youth song, and it is really beautiful. I love it. Listen to it if you want to :)


So the other day, I started talking to this guy on the street, and he was completely convinced that I was a CIA agent under cover...? What?? He said that there was no way I had only been in the Philippines for just one year and already was fluent in Tagalog. He was asking me all these questions thinking that I had like secret intentions or something and that I was part of some secret American agency and was just undercover as a missionary in the Philippines. Hahaha I could help but start laughing. Oh, I met awesome people each day :)

This has been a busy week as well, exchanges, zone conference, everything! We have hardly been in our area again. But I just have gained yet another testimony that this is not my work. As we came to the end of the week and arrived back in our area on Saturday night, to be honest, I wasn't expecting very much success in helping our investigators come to church the next day... But I was humbled. The next day, we had 6 of our investigators attend church! The Lord is taking care of His children. He doesn't need me. He trusts me enough to let me help Him in this work and ultimately change myself. It's not the other way around. 

One of our investigators is Toto! He's 25. He is a pretty new investigator, and came to church for the first time yesterday. And when we went to teach him later that day. He told us he wants to become a bishop! Hahaha because he wants to be inside the chapel every day. He had a great experience. He is such a funny guy!

We also have found a family with 5 kids! The parents have been coming to church and love it :) We are trying now to get them to bring their kids :) Ahh. This is my dream to help an entire family and eventually watch them be sealed in the temple. 

Well, I'm out of time, but I just wanted to share this picture/quote:


When it gets too hard to stand, kneel. He is always there. Don't forget Him. Because He hasn't forgotten you. 

MAHAL NA MAHAL KO KAYO!

Sister Oyler 



No comments:

Post a Comment