"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Monday, October 27, 2014

FASTING = MIRACLES

HELLO HELLO HELLO!!

Wow! I'll try to get share more this week, I'm always running out of time. This week was incredible!! There are so many miracles that are happening every day!

I'm excited for this coming week as well, because this Friday, we will have Mission Tour. Elder Dallin H. Oaks will be coming to speak to our mission! I'm super excited to hear from him! 

So, we know that I sleep talk sometimes.... Ha, my poor companions. Well, my anak said that she's noticed that especially when I'm super exhausted..those are the nights that I sleep talk..and she's said that every night for the past like 8 days, I've been talking in Tagalog in my sleep! Ha, she even said she woke up so surprised to hear me teaching Lesson 1! But looked at me and I was asleep! Haha. I guess that's a good sign, right? ;) If I'm not exhausted, I'm not working hard enough.

Well, this last week, me and my anak have decided to start fasting once a week. We have been feeling that we need the extra faith and divine help. Actually our whole district came to a decision to do a district fast this last week. And I remember our District Leader telling us that every time he has fasted on his mission, the day has always gone amazingly successfully. Well, we opened our fast and started on our work....and honestly...it was such a hard day. The first investigator we went to, we found out that she was in the hospital because she had to get her foot cut off. So we decided to go visit her. We found the hospital and her room...(oh gosh, the hospitals here....I won't go off on that right now, but it just makes me so sad). Anyway we entered the space where she was and the second she saw us, she began to cry. My heart just filled with compassion as I looked at her lying there with her stubb of a leg, looking at me with tears rolling down her face. I don't think she had bathed in...i don't know how many days, but I just hugged her so tight. We brought her some bananas from the pelengke and we asked her if she would like a blessing. She looked at us with so much hope and pleaded for one. 

Well, we first tried to contact a priesthood leader from the ward to come, but we couldn't get ahold of anyone who was available. So we texted the elders and asked them to come and told them where the hospital was. Well, we waited for over and hour before they told us that they wouldn't be able to come. I honestly was really frustrated at first and it brought me down. I felt horrible telling Fe that we wouldn't be able to have someone give her a blessing at that time. We left the hospital exhausted, and then as we started to work again...things were just so hard. Everything was going wrong. We took a tricycle all the way to IVC, the part of our area that's farther away. And as we walked into IVC, we looked at the time. It was already 6pm. and we hadn't even been able to teach 1 lesson that day. I started to feel really discouraged as we found somewhere to close our fast so we could eat dinner. As I was closing my fast, I reflected on every time that I have fasted in the past, and I realized that for me...it's usually not the same case as it is for our District Leader. Usually, the days that I fast, are some of the hardest days for me, filled with trials and setbacks. I realized that usually the things that I specifically fast for don't necesarily (..<<okay I can't remember how to spell haha) happen. But I've realized that instead....I'M the one that changes. It's hardly ever the outward surroundings or circumstances that change because of my fast. But instead, I learn and grow and become refined, and I change in the end. 

Well....we ended our fast. And then the miracles hit us like pouring rain. 

(long story short, I'm running out of time)
We were able to contact a referral who works at the MTC fixing the air con. He was so excited to see us! He was so open and willing to listen to us. We didn't have another girl with us so we couldn't teach him on the spot, but we set up to come back to him.  We also, talked to the kapit bahay (neighbor) next to him, a whole cute family--3 kids and the mom and dad both there. We ended up teaching them on the spot! I don't know, but something inside me just lights up when I get the opportunity to teach an entire FAMILY. That is my little goal here in the mission. I want to teach full families. Help entire families become united for all eternity. I was so excited to be able to teach them. We also contacted yet another referral! And by that time, Maricel had come back from work and was working with us so we were able to teach him and his sister and her two kids! It was such an amazing lesson, I could see how He had been preparing them to receive His gospel. They are so ready! Overall, we got 8 completely new investigators that day!! In one day! Me and my anak were just amazed. And as we came back to the apartment just glowing, we were informed of another referral of these two girls who live in our area who went to our mission office and asks for a Book of Mormon because they wanted to learn about the church!  We texted them right away, and they replied enthusiastically, wanted to be taught as soon as they come back into town! 

At the end of the night. I just sat in my bed amazed. I was overcome with how much my Heavenly Father loves me and is aware. And hears and answers are heartfelt prayers. And He does use us to accomplish His miracles, if we will show him our willingness and faith. 

Ah I've got to wrap up, but we also have a new investigator who is just golden! Her husband is actually a member, but less-active and they have a brand new..4 week old baby! Their first child. We've only taught her twice and we already have a baptismal date for her on the 15th of November! I hope that it continues this way and she gets baptized on that date! I probably will be transferred on the 19th and I really hope I will be able to be here to see her get baptized! 

I really don't want to transfer, but people keep saying I probably will. I've been in this area for a while....I love it here. I am experiencing so many miracles. And it's amazing as I look back....especially as I talk to the ward members here who say this area was so hard before... There wasn't very much progression at all. But now...this area is ON FIRE! We met another FAMILY the other day with 7 kids that we are going to be teaching! I am just amazed at the hand of the Lord and the fruit that we are now seeing because of our diligent efforts and faith. I don't want to leave it. I AM SO HAPPY!


I've got to go, but I just wanted to say that I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY VERY VERY MUCH! 

This Church is true. The Atonement of Christ is real. It can heal us, change us, cleanse us, comfort us, lift us up, and make us better. Above all, it's the only way we can eventually return back to our Loving Father's Arms. 

Please don't forget that! Please don't neglect your personal relationship with Him. Anyone who is reading this right now... I want you to ask yourself how your relationship is with YOUR Heavenly Father. Do you know Him? 



What do you need to do?




If there is anyone who may be reading this who isn't yet a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints....I invite you to come. Come and see

If there is anyone who is a member, but may have fallen a little bit away.... I invite you to come back. Come back and remember. Come back and discover

I want everyone to know of the reality of their God and Father who currently stands, eagerly waiting to help you and lift you and love you.

But we have to let him.

Let him lead you home. 


I know He lives. I love Him. and I love all of you!!!


MAHAL NA MAHAL KO KAYO! 

Sister Oyler 
(Pictures from last week)
 

MTC exchanges
 
MRC (Missionary Recovery Center)

 
 
(This weeks' pictures)
Olympic Medalist! (joke lang...just all the emergency whistles for each apartment in the mission..)

I love Sister Quiban!
 
Reunion at Zone Conference! My nanay! (and my anak :) )

I missed this girl!
 
My brother? ...from another mother....

Nanay Fe's wheelchair

Border of our area

FHE (Family Home Evening)
 
 







Aren't they cute?

 

 
 
Relief Society Mascara dance! (Makes me want to go watch the real thing in Bacolod)
Thank you, Aki, for posting this pic on Facebook!  :)


 
Ay, anak!


Cute little Charisse
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment