"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Monday, December 22, 2014

MALIGAYANG PASKO!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!
I hope this time of the year, you all are warm and happy and enjoying time together. Especially remembering, Him, whom now we celebrate. You've probably all seen this video, "He Is the Gift", but I encourage you to watch it again. :)
 

http://www.mormon.org/christmas?cid=HPFR112814529

This week has been so busy but so much fun!! I was surprised on the evening of my birthday, by some ward members here! They threw a surprise party for me! I was so touched by everything they did and the time they all put into it. These people are amazing. I love them so much!

And then on Tuesday we had Christmas Conference!! It was a lot of fun too! We got to watch "The Polar Express"! Made me miss home a lot, but I really love that movie :) I think this time of the year is the hardest for missionaries being away from home, but also the most special time as well. I love the Christmas Spirit--Christ's Light. And I'm so happy that I'm a missionary at this time, a representative of Him. And I'm inviting everyone to come, and know Him. 

We also had MTC exchanges this week! I was able to split with Sister Bitam from Kiribati!! She was learning English and Tagalog! I just admire those kind of missionaries so much! We had a wonderful day together. I was touched so much by her sweet Spirit that she brought with her. I could just see pure Christlike love radiating from her eyes. Even though, she was struggling to say even one sentence, I could see her diligence and effort and was humbled as I was with her. She would just tell our investigators that she loves them and give them a hug. I know she is going to be an AMAZING missionary. The Lord has great things in store for her.

Just this Saturday we had a ward Christmas party. It was such a success! This ward is so amazing. And me and Sister Tomasi had 15 of our investigators attend!! We were ecstatic! And Jeyjey is doing so good! She is going to be baptized on the 28th of December! Her conversion is just amazing to witness. I can see a special glow in her eyes, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this work.

Also, do you guys remember Charles? The brilliant 8-year-old. He is so ready to be baptized, but the problem here is that we can't baptize him unless one of his family members is baptized too, because he is underage. So we've been trying to work on getting his grandma progressing, because his mom is supposed to move back to Hong Kong for work. ...BUT! 

We were suprised to see Charles and his little sister and his mom at the Christmas party! As I was talking to his mom, she mentioned that the plans have changed and she isn't going to Hong Kong anymore. She said that she told Charles he could come to the Christmas party but she was just going to stay home.. but Charles had said, "Sige na, mommy, alam ko magugustuhan mo..." ("Come on, mommy, I know you will like it.") And so she came! And while at the party Charles told his mom that he wants to be baptized. So his mom told me that she wants to start attending church too!!! I was so so SO excited to hear that. 

We are just seeing so many miracles!! I am SO happy!


Well, Harrison, you can laugh at me again...I had another gagamba (spider) encounter this week.... ay naku. I went to use the CR (bathroom) in our apartment before we were going to bed, and I was going to the one that is like half-outside. Anyway, as I walk inside, I see THIS lovely creature staring back at me!!....

 
It was about as big as my hand!!!!!!!!!! I ran screaming back into the apartment, (almost peeing my pants) and I was so scared to go back into a CR again that I went to bed needing to pee and just held it all night!!! haha!! ahhh! 


Well, I've got to get going now, we are all out of time. I'm excited to Skype the family in a few days!! 

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE! 
MAHAL NA MAHAL KO KAYO!

 
Sister Oyler 
 
Birthday cake :)

 

 
Thank you, Aki and Maricel for posting pics!!!!



































 
 
 
 

 



 

Christmas Conference












 
MTC exchanges!
 

 
 
Ward Christmas party
 


Rose Marie :)
 

Jeyjey and Inday





 
Charles and Charrise!
 
 
 
Sister Tomasi taught me how to make fresh coconut milk Samoan style! :)

 
Taxi ride to the temple!


 






 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment