"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Monday, November 10, 2014

SWEET ARE THE FRUITS OF OUR LABORS

KAMUSTA NA KAYO??

Hello Fam! I miss you all! 

This week has been so awesome! My anak and I are just finding so much success in our work. We've taught 13 new investigators this week! I am just blown away at how much fruit we are seeing from our labors. Transfers are coming soon....and I really really hope that I stay here!  Rose just had her baptismal interview yesterday and she will be baptized this Saturday! I am so excited for her, she is so ready :) It's amazing to see her grow. 

I cut my hair this week.....yeah....bad idea. haha I've been scared, and I didn't want to cut my hair in the Philippines, but my ends needed a trim really bad. So I went and got my hair cut....

I told him this much __.......he cut this much ___________________!!! ahhhh

It's not terrible...but i'm never cutting my hair here again. haha ah, i miss my long hair :( It was pretty funny though, the whole salon was gathered around me as they were cutting my hair, just admiring it and feeling it and taking pictures. and then they asked me if they could curl it haha so they were sitting there styling my hair and taking pictures haha. so even though the hair cut wasn't the best, at least I got a free style, right?...


So we were able to contact a referral this week! Edward. We've tried contacting him two times before, but he hasn't been at the house. It's the one family in IVC that I mentioned a few weeks ago with 7 kids! All starting with the letter J. They are such a cute family :) We had only been able to talk to the mother briefly though. 

Well, this last week, we had planned to go to Jen or to Mark, or Melody. My anak asked me where we were going to go and suddenly the thought came..."Go to Edward Antonio." ....."Let's go to Edward." I said to her. Ha, she was surprised, and I was too! It wasn't in any of our plans. But we went.

Well, he was there! And he welcomed us in happily! He told us that his kids had told him we had come the week before and he was sad that he wasn't home and he's been waiting for us to come back.  He said that earlier that day, he had seen us in the pelengke, but had been too shy to say anything. But he told himself that if it is God's will, they will come to my house tonight. 

And we came. 

He was so open, and thankful that we were there! His desire is so big to learn more and help his family. I am just amazed. I am amazed at him and His faith, and the wonderful, mysterious ways that the Lord works. 

We also met an awesome guy this week as well! He's a tricycle driver and we rode in his trike to the chapel one day, and he asked us about the church. He's about 25. He had so many questions! He has been searching for a religion for 7 years now he said, and has been curious about the Mormons...but too shy to say anything. We set up a return appointment with him to come teach him and his wife at his house.  When we arrived, he pulled out an entire notebook of questions and deep study in the Bible! He had lined up tons of materials/books/pamphlets from tons of different religions. He told us that he doesn't want to trust in man, that he's just been searching for the right religion. He's attended to many, but left right away because he didn't like what he saw. I was so happy to testify to him of the way that our Heavenly Father gives to each one of his children to find out for ourselves the complete truth that is available to us all. We don't have to just take someone else's word for it, but he promises us a direct answer from Him of the eternal truths and plan that he has prepared for us. 

Ah, I could just tell he's been so hungry--searching for so long. He's a brilliant guy, knows a lot about the Bible and a lot of history--especially Roman history.  I felt so inadequate as the missionary there to teach him. But I'm so excited to share with him the things that I know will satisfy his hunger. The lesson went really well, and we're going to meet with him and his wife a lot! 

Well, I'm out of time again. I just really am so grateful to be here. I love love love this work. I love  being a missionary. I think I'll just stay here forever. Haha :) 

Anyway, I love you all! Thanks for all your love and support! I'll talk to you next week!

MAHAL NA MAHAL KO KAYO!

Sister Oyler
Temple day pictures from last week

 
Happy birthday, Maricel!






 
 
ang aking barkada sa IVC :) 




Maricel has candyyyy
 
Hoy Panga!
 

Making No Bake Cookies for the FHE
 
 
FHE



 
We've started a new approach...teaching dogs the gospel..
 
....they're pretty receptive.
 
ha! he's so cute though!
 



 
 
 

 
 
Fun with Aki!



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment