"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

Monday, September 15, 2014

THE WALKING BARBIE

PAMILYA!

This week has been good. A struggle at times, the mission can get hard, but it has been a really great week for me. 

We had CSP with our ward this week!  We helped in the "Ligtas ang Tigtas"...thing. I don't know what to call it. Haha, basta the whole thing is being funded by the Church, but it is run by the government here.  It's pretty much a free vaccination against Tigtas and Polio for all kids 5 years old and under.  So for the CSP we handed out flyers in Escopa I, informing everyone about it so they could take the kids to the health center.  It was really fun. We got to wear the bright yellow, "Mormon Helping Hands" vests. haha something pretty funny though, when we all grouped back together, all the ward members said that the people just kept talking about the "walking Barbie". Haha!  Sometimes, they would pass through an area that we had already hit with flyers and they'd say, "oh, the walking Barbie already gave me one." or they'd just pass by and hear people talking about the "walking Barbie" that they saw coming through Escopa I.  Hahaha. 
Every day I'm called Barbie, or Elsa, or Taylor Swift. Ha, what?! I love the Philippines.

Oh gosh. So I have crazy  news...
Do you remember our investigator, Amy?  The one who rejected us and told us to not come back...

She died.

Yeah. I couldn't even believe it. Hit and run. She got killed by a motorcycle. 
And the crazy thing is remembering the things that she was saying in our last lesson with her when she was so hard-headed.  She was saying that she didn't believe in what we were saying, there was no Joseph Smith in the Bible, etc.  And I remember saying that she doesn't need us, she could die right now because there was no religion that could save her.....

And then she died.  
It is so crazy. I feel so bad for her. God is so very powerful. It's hard for me to see that happen. I really really cared about Amy. and it's crazy to think that she's gone. But it comforts me to know that I did my best to help her... I raised my warning voice.  It truly was up to her in the end.  But I know that Heavenly Father's plan is merciful.  I hope she remembers my testimony and accepts the missionaries in the spirit world. It's just beautiful to know that she's in the greatest place for her right now.  His loving arms will never cease to be extended towards her. 

Well, we have a new investigator, Nanay Trinidad!  We've eaten at her carenderia a lot and asked to come teach her.  We've taught her twice now and her two daughters that are always there, Jennelyn and Jennifer. They have 10 kids that all live there, and who knows how many grandkids running around. They are such a big happy family.  ha this week though, they asked me to be their new baby's Nina. (or Godmother).  Ha they are going to get their baby christened, and they asked me to be the Godmother. Ha um...I'm like I don't think that's puwede being a missionary and such. Ha, but I felt honored with their request. They are the sweetest and most loving family. Oh and mom, I showed them a picture of the family, and Nanay Trini asked if she could have it....ha I couldn't quite part with the picture so I told her I'd print her one.  Do you think you could email me the family picture we took from Camera Shy?  The one of all of us against the brick background. So I can save it and print it for Trini. haha 

Speaking of nanays, we took Nanay Delia on a temple tour this week!  She is so excited for her baptism!  And as we walked around the temple and talked about it, she wanted so bad to go inside and she asked if they were really strict about who goes in, could we just try? hahaha I love her. I told her the day would come when she can go inside for herself. Ah. I want to be able to come back and be with Nay when she gets to go through. She's like family to me. 

Anyway, I'm running out of time, this week has been crazy, hard, wonderful, incredible, I don't have nearly enough time to write about it all. And this computer cafe is especially loud this week, so it's kind of hard for me to focus. 

Anyway, thank you all for everything!

I love you all so very very much!!

Sister Oyler

P.S. YOU BETTER ALL EAT BALUT! Mom, Kimball, Avery, Harrison, Landon, and Dad, too!! Okay bye, love you all :)
 
Crazy kabahay pics





 
Boom Panees :)
 
Temple Tour with Nay! Siya and Sister Felipe
 
 
 

I am a GIANT compared to these people minsan. haha
 
 
 
 

Just so you can see the dimensions of how HUGE I am here....
 
Macaso fam


 
Ice cream and popcorn (popped on the stove) for weekly planning.
 
 6:30am- Happy Birthday, Sister Quiban!
 
Spaghetti for breakfast...haha yeah.
 

 
haha Sister "Quilban" they spelled it wrong...





YELLOW watermelon!! Pretty much tastes the same. (They also have red bananas. I forgot to take a picture of! The best-tasting banana I have ever eaten--galing sa southern part of the Philippines).
 
Thank you, Aki Jan, for posting this!  :)
 
And thank you, Maricel, for posting these! 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment